Top 10 Unpopular Entertainment Opinions

Top 10 Unpopular Entertainment Opinions



Throughout our lives we have our own share of different opinions. Some we agree on, some we disagree on and some that may come off as controversial that may set some people off due to how unpopular they are. And admittedly I'm one of those people that have a good amount unpopular opinions that may shock some people. Particularly regarding different forms of media. Video games, TV Shows, animation, movies and even music. So today I'm gonna reveal MY Top 10 Unpopular Entertainment Opinions. And before I start this list I believe this should go without saying but if you do enjoy any of the stuff that I have a negative opinion on, that's great and totally fine!  At the end if the day it's all just opinion and I'm glad you enjoy somethings that I don't. So take this list with a pinch of salt. Also this list is in no particular order as I don't know what order put these in. So without further ado, on to the countdown. 



10. I can't stand reality shows.


I figured I'd start off with something light and say that I really don't like reality shows. In the past there have been a few decent ones like The Osbournes and the short lived School of Rock to name a few. But the rest in my opinion, are just the same old, hipster pandering and/or celebrity worshiping garbage that has plague our tv screens since the late 90's with shows like Big Brother, The Real World and Jersey Shore which end up being the same thing every season. Bunch of people who just want they're 15 minutes of fame who audition to be on a show to act like a bunch of loud as fuck morons with the mentality of an 8 year old while trying to be hip and cool. But the worst offenders are the reality shows that focus on celebrities. And the UK is the worst offenders for it. Because every year once Big Brother has run it's course for the year, shortly after a celebrity version starts with I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here airing shortly after that. And the problem with the celebrity centered reality shows is how dated they'll eventually become. 'Cause you see, there's two kinds of shows. One the one hand, you have the shows that age well through many generations like a fine wine. This could relate to something like Futurama, the good episodes of The Simpsons, Married With Children and some episodes of Fresh Prince of Bel Air. And I do mean some because of how 90's it was. Now the other hand, you have the shows that go off worse than spoiled milk that's been left in the fridge for over a week. And just about every celebrity centered reality show does just that. Ten years or so after those shows have aired the celebrities that are featured in those shows will either be dead, irrelevant, retired or not as important as they once were. Add that plus the issues with other reality shows are the reason I have zero interest in them. 



9. I don't like modern horror movies.


Some of you might already know this but I honest to god think most horror movies suck nowadays. Anything made after 2000 is just the same old reused clichés with the same old unoriginal plots with the same old character tropes that almost every horror movies reuses. You almost always have the jock, token black guy and/or girl, hot blonde, a fat guy and the one or two characters that aren't completely dumb assholes. Top that with painfully obvious CG gore effects that make gore effects from the 80's look realistic by comparison. Don't get me wrong. When CG in horror movies are done right they can look pretty damn good and gruesome but other times it just used for the sake of having CG to use up whatever budget they have. Also, most modern horror movies aren't scary. Most of the time it's just really cheap jumpscares put in just to give the audience a cheap scare without any effort whatsoever. There are ways that a horror movie can be scary and give audiences legit scares. Just look back at any horror movie made before 2001 or more specificly, movies like Friday The 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, the first three Scream movies, The Exorcist and Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Prime examples of horror movies done right. And from what I heard, the recent horror movie 'A Quiet Place' is supposely pretty good as it has some originality to it unlike the same old copy and paste horrors that come out each year. So yeah, horror movies nowadays aren't something that I'm in a mad rush to see and will likely stay that way.



8. Metroid: Other M wasn't that bad.


Everytime anyone talks about the Metroid series there's one game in the series that they always regard as the weakest entry. 2010's Metroid: Other M. But honestly, I didn't think it was that bad. Yeah the story wasn't amazing and Samus had so much inner dialogue she could write a novel but the rest of game I thought was solid for the most part. The gameplay was tight and responsive despite having to use the Wiimote sideways with the occasional parts where you point the Wiimote at the screen for first person aiming and scanning things. The presentation consist of good visuals for a Wii game and a decent but mostly forgettable soundtrack. The voice acting is admittedly cheesy including the previously aforementioned inner dialogues by Samus. But the rest of the game is pretty good and would like to see Ninja Thoery do a Metriod game like this again but some improvements. But until then, we have Metroid Prime 4 to look forward to and I seriously cannot wait to play it.



7. He-Man isn't gay.


Whenever 80's cartoons are discussed there's always the same old childish opinion regarding the main character of He-Man and The Masters of the Universe. People constantly assume He-Man AKA Prince Adam is a homosexual because of how he looks. Just because Adam wears pinks and how He-Man is dressed dosen't automatically make him gay. Conan The Barbarian, a character who's design inspired He-Man wore almost exactly the same thing and no assumed his sexuality. Same with the original Thundercats where the males wore leotards and again no assume their sexuality. To me that's just profiling and jumping to conclusions. Most people seem to forget there was a version of He-Man in the 90's in The New Adventures of He-Man which portrayed him with blue pants and a blonde ponytail. No one assumed He-Man's identity in that series. Or the one from 2003 reboot series who was more Conan inspired. No one assumed his identity either. But that's because that series was awesome and He-Man was more badass. Seriously, people who assume the original He-Man is gay need to stop acting like immature childish adults and just enjoy the show for what it was. Cheesy action packed 80's fun.



6. I'm not a fan of Captain America. At all.


HOLD YOUR FIRE! Before any of you comic nerd shoot at me let me explain! At the very least, I do have respect for the character as he was co-created by the late great Jack Kirby aswell as being the first ever Marvel super hero. But honestly, I think Captain America as a super hero is pretty lame in my opinion. He fights using a shield that uses like a boomerang and maybe a pistol but mostly it's the shield. Compare him to other Marvel heroes after him like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, Ghost Rider or even anti-heroes like Deadpool are much cooler and have way better abilities than Captain America. And yes, I know he's the very first member of the Avengers and that's fine but I just think Captain America isn't that great. I mean think about. Spider-Man can shoot webs and climb walls. Iron Man has a suit capable of flight, energy blasts and firing missles. Wolverine has both bone structure and retractable claws made from adamantium aswell being able to regenerate whenever he's injured. Captain America on the other hand, has a shield... That's it. And yes I know the super serum enhanced his speed, strength and agility and is skill in mixed fighting styles but that's nothing compared other Marvel heroes. Daredevil can use martial arts too but the difference is Daredevil is blind and has the ability use his hearing to sense his enviorments. Captain America is pretty much weak in comparison. And the Marvel Cinematic Universe tries so hard to shove him down our throats. Captain America The First Avenger was an okay movie at best but it wasn't amazing. The first Avengers movie was good and very enjoyable but I was mostly rooting for Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye and maybe Hulk. Captain America, I really didn't care that much. Haven't seen Winter Soldier yet as I'm still needing to catch up on the MCU and in 2016 I was more excited for Deadpool than I was for Captain America Cival War. But then again, I was only interested for seeing who the new Spider-Man was and see who was playing him in Spider-Man Homecoming. Avengers Infinity War does look good and will check it out once I'm caught up the MCU but Deadpool 2 comes first before that. I do like the Avengers but as far as superhero teams go I'm more of an X-Men fan(PLEASE bring X-Men to the MCU Disney! You own Fox now! Also Fantastic Four while you're at it.). So yeah, I don't like Captain America very much. At all. And I've probably angered at lot of people right now and now have a target on me so I'm gonna cut this short and move to the next one.



5. I though the first Assassin's Creed was... Just okay.


I'm PROBABLY gonna regret saying that as I know a lot of gamers love this series. But I honestly think the first entry of Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed series was okay. Not great just okay. I will give the game credit though. The visuals looks great for it's time. Gameplay is solid but slightly flawed. Story I thought kinda dragged on even though the gameplay is solid I thought the game got kinda uninteresting after the first hour as you're just assasinating people, leaping off buildings which was cool at first but it kinda loses it's novelty after awhile. And because of how limited it felt, it kinda felt like you were doing the same thing over and over. Especially compared to it's sequels that came after it even though I've never played them apart from a bit of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag which I thought was really damn good. Unity from what I've seen is a glitched mess and Syndicate seems pretty good with where it's set in. Origin from I've seen looks fucking gorgeous and is easily the best looking game in the series by far thanks to it's two year development. But the first game in the series, was just okay to me. It might get better if I'd played it a bit more but that's if I don't have anything better to play. Hell, back in 2007 when it came out I was more hyped for Super Mario Galaxy. And that was because I didn't have a Xbox 360 or PS3 yet at that time. I might go back to the first Assassin's Creed at some point but only if I don't have any better games to play.


4. I thought the Transformers Unicron Trilogy was pretty good.

Amonst the Transformers fanbase there's three Japan produced Transformers shows that seem to get a lot of hate. Pacifically they're English dubs. Those shows being Transformers Armada, Transformers Energon and Transformers Cybertron. Honestly I thought they were pretty good. For anime made during the early 2000's they had they're share of enjoyment. Armada while flawed with it's English script and animation errors due to later episodes airing elsewhere before Japan. Seriously look up the Japanese episodes and you'll see the finished animation looks much better. But the voice acting is passable and storytelling I thought was top notch. Also Starscream in this series was awesome and easily one of my favourite incarnations of the character. Energon I thought was great and is my personal favourite of the Unicron Trilogy. Yeah the CG animation for the Transformers have shown their age but the 2D animation for the human characters look nicely drawn and consistently good in motion. Voice acting for the English dub again was top notch with the legendary Scott McNeil reprising his role of Jetfire who he voiced in Armada. Cybertron was a good series for the most part. Yeah some episodes tend to drag on but the writing was solid for the most part. Animation was really good for a mid 2000's anime with the CG animation for the Transformers being an improvement over Energon's. Obviously the american produced Transformers Prime that was made years later looked far superior. And the soundtrack for the three shows were well composed and easily some of my favourite Transformers soundtracks.  Also Gary Chalk who voiced Optimus Primal in Beast Wars provides the voice of Optimus Prime in the English dub of all three show in the Unicron Trilogy and that is pretty damn good. The one negative I have is the toyline for Armada was god awful with the exception of a few good ones and if you want proof, go watch TJOmega's videos. And yes there were times in Armada were characters were reffered to by they're Japanese names but that was because the series was rush to get aired in US before they were fully finished and ready for Japanese television. But other than those few flaws. The Unicron Trilogy in my opinion was pretty damn good. Not as good as Animated, Prime, Robots in Disguise or the 2000 Robots in Disguise anime that aired before the Unicron Trilogy but still good Transformers shows nonetheless. And at the very least they're better than the Micheal Bay movies but then again that's not very hard.



3. I prefer phsyical copies of games over digital.


As a gamer I like to have an extensive collection of video games. Weither it be standard or collector's editions I love having a physical collection of video games. Especially nowadays where I can just go out, buy the game, come back home and pop the game in and play right away. Okay maybe after an install depending on what system I'm playing it on. Now digital copies of games on the other hand you have to go buy a wallet top up, redeem the code for the top up, buy it off the online store and wait hours on end depending on your internet connection for it to finish downloading aswell as install. But here's the thing though, with the money you spent on the top up to buy the digital version you could've just bought the physical version which would've cost the same as the digital version. I mean yes you do get the occasional sales but honestly I prefer owning games physically. And yes, I know there's games you can only buy digitally but that's one of two exceptions. The other being the monthly free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers. But there's two problems with buying digital copies of games that are also avaliable physically. Number 1. Hard drive space. Physical copies of games only need an install if playing on PS4 or Xbox One. Digital copies of games require more space as you are not only downloading the game but also installing it which uses up more hard drive space. And this becomes a factor for new console owners. Because let's say you're buying a new PS4 or Xbox One and you don't have enough for the 1TB model. So you buy the 500GB model instead. Now if you only buy games digitally you're gonna run outta hard drive space quickly and will have to fork out the cash for a decently sized external hard drive. Nintendo Switch on the other hand only has 32GB of internal storage so you'd have to be careful of what games you buy digitally for it unless you have the extra cash for a decently sized Micro SDXC card. And problem number 2, you can't lend digital copies of games to your friends and family members. With phsyical copies, if a friend or family want to borrow a game I can just lend them it very easily. And you can't do that with digital games can you? And going back to PlayStation Plus, while I'm greatful for the free games each month I would still try to get the physical versions of certain games just to free up hard drive that could be used for installs and game saves. So yeah for me when it comes to buying or recieving games, if it's avaliable physically that's what I go for.


2. Frozen is a good movie... But not as great everyone says it is.


Now like many people I love Disney movies. They've been a part of my life since childhood and I always look forward to seeing what new animated movies they release. But there's one that I feel is serverly overrated. That movie being Frozen. Now don't get me wrong it has superb animation, good music and great voice acting. The overall plot of the movie is adverage at best. I know it's based on the story of The Snow Queen which sounds like a great premise for a Disney adaption and it succeeds in some areas but plot wise and characters, I feel are adverage at best. And while I said the music is good, the song 'Let it go' gets tiresome after awhile. Don't get me wrong it's a good song and it was stuck in my head for awhile but eventually I got sick of hearing it. Also the character Olaf despite being promoted on the poster is one of the most forgettable and uninteresting characters I've seen in a Disney movie. And the marketing for this movie is oversaturated. To this day since the movie came out back in 2013 there's STILL Frozen merchandise being sold. If this was any other Disney movie it's merchandise would stop being sold by the time the next Disney movie gets released in theaters. Like for real, have you seen how much Wreck-It Ralph toys cost online nowadays?! And there's been two shorts released since. One of which was shown along side Coco. And while I hear the main movie is supposely good but the Frozen short that was shown before it was poorly recieved. This is probably a sign that people are sick of Frozen now. Disney should just hurry and release Frozen 2 already so we can be done with it already. But like I said, Frozen is good. But just not as good as everyone praises it to be.



And despite this being in no particular order, my number 1 unpopular entertainment opinion is...


I really like the 3D Sonic games.


Ever since Sonic 06' came out 3D Sonic games have been getting mixed reception with the exceptions of Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations which were both well recieved. However 3D Sonic games that came out before Sonic 06' that got good reception have been getting bashed all because of one game that turned out bad. But honestly, I like the 3D Sonic games. Obviously the 2D ones are better but the 3D Sonic games I enjoy alot. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 had solid gameplay and awesome music. Plus the second game introduced Shadow The Hedgehog and Rouge The Bat. Two fan favourites of the franchise. Sonic Heroes despite being slightly repetitive playing the same levels for each team's story had good gameplay though the controls can be too sensitive at times. The PS2 version was the worst offender for it aswell having a choppy framerate. Seriously, Fuck the PS2 version and go for the Gamecube or Xbox versions. And once again, an awesome soundtrack. Shadow The Hedgehog despite not having a great story played really well and the soundtrack was good though the vocal songs in the game were more memorable. Sonic Lost World which came out after Sonic Generations had slightly flawed gameplay was still playable and enjoyable and it looked great all while running at a solid 60fps. And the soundtrack was pretty good. Not my favourite but still good nonetheless. Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric... That game can burn in hell along with Sonic 06'. But the rest I thought were good. Hell, Sonic Forces has some charm to it despite being really short and even Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic and the Black Knight were pretty good too. The reason why 3D Sonic games have been getting slamed is because of IGN. I personally blame them for the constant bashing of Sonic in recent years. And also Gametrailers(May it rest in piece). And the reason why YouTubers bash on 3D Sonic games is because that seem to be a popular thing that earns them revenue. Which is a reacurring bandwagon that everyone on Youtube jumps on because bashing on Sonic is the one thing nowadays that earn them all of them YouTube monies rather than voicing their own opinions. And quite frankly, bashing on Sonic just to earn some quick cash needs to stop. If you enjoy the games, say it. Don't bash them just because everyone else does it for money. That may sound controversial to some but it's one I stand by. 3D Sonic games to me are fun and enjoyable and will continue to play any new installments that come out.




And those were my Top 10 Unpopular Entertainment Opinions. Now the one thing to remember is that opinions differ from person to person. We all have things we like and dislike that may differ from others. If you dislike something and want to express your opinion on it, it's perfectly fine as long as you're not hurting anyone and they respect your opinion the same way you respect theirs. Do you agree with this list? What are your unpopular entertainment opinions? Feel free to let me know on social media. Now if you'll excuse I'm gonna go hide in a bunker so thank you all for reading and I'll see you all in another list.



Follow me on social media @ the following:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/animegod500
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/animegod500

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/animegod500nstagram: https://www.instagram.com/animegod500Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/animegod500ps://www.instagram.com/animegod500

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Video Games of 2022